Dementia Education – Certificate Workshops
At Personalized Dementia Solutions Inc., we know that working with individuals diagnosed with dementia is not always easy. We believe dementia care education is essential to provide the best and most effective care possible.
Below are some of our common Certificate Workshops. We can also personalize our talks to meet your needs. Group rates are available.
Cracking the Dementia Code™ Online Certificate Training
Enhance your toolkit and increase your confidence in providing Dementia Care for the person you’re caring for!
Cracking the Dementia Code™
“Cracking the Dementia Code” is a fun and interactive learning session focusing on the behaviours associated with dementia presented by Karen Tyrell, CDP, CPCA – Dementia Consultant & Educator
This live 3 hour workshop is for professional caregivers and includes a Personalized Certificate.
- Is based on a philosophy of person centered care.
- Provides an overview of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and delirium.
- Delivers creative concepts and tools for managing dementia related behaviours including gathering the “Ph.A.C.T.S.™”
- Identifies the top therapeutic communication techniques in dementia care.
- Enhances your staff’s toolkit and increases their confidence in providing dementia care for their clients/residents.
- Encourages improved interaction and support towards families.
- Includes handouts.
Wandering – Making Sense of It & Solutions
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, more than 6 of every 10 people with dementia will wander. Understanding the behaviours of wandering and coming up with creative solutions is vital.
This workshop is normally 2 hours for professional caregivers that includes a Personalized Certificate, however we can customize the talk to meet your time needs.
At this workshop you will learn:
- Overview of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Types of common wandering related to dementia
- Warning signs for potential wandering
- Ways to prevent wandering and keep your clients safe
- Creative ideas from past examples
- What to do when someone does go missing
Please contact us for more information or to schedule for your group/organization
Customized Speaking Engagements
Talks can be customized to meet your needs. Please contact us for more information or to schedule for your group/organization.
Karen draws on her extensive experience working with individuals with dementia to deliver speaking engagements for the general public and family members. To learn more about other talks that Karen provides, please click here.