Training Talks and
Customized Speaking Engagements
Karen Tyrell, CDP, CPCA draws on her extensive experience working with individuals with dementia to deliver public speaking engagements. As a gifted and dynamic communicator, she shares insightful examples and practical tips on person centred caring to help people supporting individuals with dementia.
Karen is pleased to customize talks for the general public, family members, health care providers or anyone interested in learning more about brain health and dementia. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Cracking the Dementia Code Fundamentals for Family Caregivers (1.5 hours)
- Cracking the Dementia Code for Professional Caregivers (Certificate program – 3 hours or customized to fit your schedule)
- How to Maintain a Healthy Brain (1 hour)
- Managing Caregiver Stress and Taking Care of YOU (1 hour)
- Stress and the link to Dementia: How to Fend & Cope (1 hour)
- Ways to Engage in Activities in Care Homes (1 hour)
- Wandering and Dementia: Making Sense of It (1.5 hours) (Also offered as a certificate program – 2 hours)
As part of her commitment to helping and educating the community, Karen offers one no-cost talk per month for non-profit/community groups (applies to only certain topics). To learn more or to schedule your talk, please contact us.
Talks can be customized to meet your needs. » Click here for a list of some of her past venues.
Please contact us for more information or to schedule for your group/organization.