FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions about the services of Personalized Dementia Solutions
1. I just found your website, and only need help with a few quick questions…can you help and how do you charge for this service?
Give us a call and we will see what we can do to help you through our free 20 minute initial consultation. We may be able to direct you to an article or website that has the information you are looking for. If the questions require more examining and time, then our consultation time will be recorded and an invoice will be generated for services rendered following the time spent together. We have hourly rates (10 minute increments) or some package rates that may be more suitable for you. Payments can be made by credit card over the phone or on-line or by cheque.
2. Our dad is behaving oddly and it is causing our family much stress…what can you do to help us?
This is what we love to do! We call this service the “Solutions Seeker”. We can support you over the phone or in person depending on the package you chose. Initially we work together as detectives to dig deep to discover why the behaviour is happening and then we recommend creative solutions in order to try to eliminate or minimize the odd behaviour for your situation. To hear from others about our service please visit our testimonials page.
3. What if I just want to vent with someone who understands what I am going through?
We feel venting is therapeutic! We welcome it! We have Dementia Support Coaches who can be matched with you to allow you to share your frustration over the phone and who can offer some helpful tips for you for every bump on your journey and we will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Packages are available. We also understand the benefits of groups; therefore we offer on-line Focused Support Groups. Please contact us for more information.
4. My family members are not on the same page about how to care for our aging parent with dementia…can you assist us?
Sometimes a third party can make all the difference in family conflicts. We can schedule a family session face to face, over the phone or even over Skype to help educate everyone about dementia at the same time and to facilitate a conversation to help find the best solutions to keep you strong as a family unit on your difficult journey with your loved one. Contact us to learn more.
5. I work with seniors and we are encountering more and more issues related to dementia such as forgetfulness and agitation. Would you be able to come and educate our staff about dementia and behaviours?
Absolutely! Education is vital and we love to provide it! We can set a date and time that works for your staff and we can provide a talk that meets your needs. We even offer Lunch & Learns. Our most popular presentations are: “Cracking the Dementia Code – Creative Solutions to Cope with Changed Behaviours”; “How to Maintain a Healthy Brain”; “Ways to Engage” and “Wandering: Making Sense of it”. Although, we are happy to cater a talk to meet your needs. Click here to learn more about our speaking opportunities.